"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast ALL your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." 1 Peter 5: 6-9
I have been under attack today. I have let fear consume me. Forgive me, Lord because this is not of you. Keep me strong in your Word -- only you give me strength and peace.
I made mom go in and get a tap today. I can tell when she needs one. I call yesterday and they said they could get her in today at 11am. I didn't want her to be completely uncomfortable tomorrow when she has her MRI and PET scan. I was blown away when I talk to her and Jenn after the tap. Within 5 short days she filled up so much that they took 4 Lts out and mom said there was more fluid but they stopped because it was becoming too uncomfortable. They said they could have probably gotten another 1/2 lt. out. She lost 9lbs in 5 days -- she is now at 123lbs. She had been mantaining 125.6 for a few weeks and I had just said I was so proud of her and ourselves of keeping her weight up. I was humbled today. I could tell also she has been a little down and I think today being tapped so soon and knowing she lost more weight got her down even more. Jenn goes to Florida on Friday and we are planning on meeting in Nashville so mom can spend the weekend with me in TN. Then I will drive her up to KY for her appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Miller. We should get the results of the MRI and PET scan that day and talk to us about further treatment. Please keep our family and mom in yours prayers constantly. I know I need them.
Love to all -- keep praying for mom
Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think about your Mom everyday. I know that your faith and strength will help you all beat this ugly disease. Please never give up. Much love Nadine.
Post a Comment