Mom's Ontak treatment started yesterday (delayed a week). She goes in Tues-Fri this week and gets the treatment as an outpatient. She'll have one more week of treatment three weeks from now, followed by another scan to see how it's working. Yesterday's session went fine. She didnt feel any immediate side effects. We'll see how she feels this weekend after a whole week of the stuff. She has felt the same for the last few weeks with little change either way. She still feels weak and has little appetite, and always feels better after a tap, which she is getting consistently every 2 weeks.
Last Sunday we had a little party and cookout for Jaclyn's 7th birthday. It is hard for me to believe my baby girl is that old. It only confirms Im getting old. She thinks she's so big, she wanted to get her ears pierced. I told her it was gonna be the worst pain she had ever experienced. I told her they would bleed for a week and she would cry for days. It didnt work. She is stubborn and hard headed, like her Daddy. Undaunted, she convinced Jenn to go get them done. I figured I'd better pick my battles carefully, and I was definitely willing to let this one go. I have a feeling there will be bigger ones to face in the future.
We all had a great time at the party. Mom felt good and the weather was fantastic (70 and sunny).
Keep praying for Mom!
Love, Boogie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment