Today is our moms birthday. I wish I could say that it is a happy one but I just can't. Mom isn't feeling good at all and she can barely talk to me on the phone without feeling like she is going to get sick. It was the same yesterday too, so Mother's Day wasn't that great for her either. On top of that, Sarah is in NYC to help her best friend and roomate of 6 years, with her chemo treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma (she was diagnosed 6 weeks after mom). Our cousin, Julie is in Cancun. The house was very quiet for mom which makes me a bit nervous because I know she is not eating properly and she sounded very depressed. Sarah comes home tonight but leaves soon to finish her mission trip with the World Race which I believe she leaves within the week. It will only be for about 7 weeks and you can visit her blog at www.sarahlapp.theworldrace.org Pray for her safe travels and peace in her heart.
Boog and Jenn went over to see mom yesterday which I am so thankful for. I always feel helpless in these situations. BUT the good news is that we leave California on Saturday and make the trek to TN....yahoo!!! I will get there just in time for moms next treatment. Please pray for mom to feel better and spirits to be lifted, I can't imagine how she feels and what she is going through. She gets another tap tomorrow so hopefully that will make a big difference.
Love, Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Vic. I check the blog every morning, and you're in my prayers every night.
-Thad
Hang in there Shan...it won't be long and you'll be in driving distance. Love to you Vicki. You're in my daily thoughts and prayers. The boys pray for Mrs. Vicki too. We love you.
Sandy
Post a Comment