Mom and I and all the kiddos drove down to TN last Friday and were greeted by a million boxes....YEAH!!! The great thing was that Gavin and his dad had already painted some rooms and got the playset up. Mom was excited to see the house and we immediately dove head first into unpacking. Mom loves this sort of thing. She always gets so excited in decorating, esp. the girls rooms. On Saturday I think she did just as much as I did and was thoroughly impressed by all her energy and strength. It was like having my "old mom" back. She was bossing me around and telling where to put things. Yesterday she even wallpapered the girls rooms with these cute huge flower die cuts, and I may add all by herself. She did a great job. Mom's appetite is great. We went to this local dive called Vinegar Jim's and she had catfish, coleslaw and fries (of course moms staple food) Today we went to check out the base in Millington and went to the commisary. We came home and she had a great lunch (chicken salad), but then she got really sick and had to lie down. She gets a little depressed from time to time because she just wants to feel normal without pain meds. There were a few tears between us, but it is always so good. We are suppose to drive back to KY on Thursday for her tap on Friday. I keep asking her how her belly is doing and she seems to be doing fine. Continue to pray for the fluid to cease.
Love to all, keep praying for mom!
Shan
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! We're so glad to hear that Vicky has felt so strong! We know that you have loved having her for a visit, Shan. God is so good to give you all the chance for some wonderful "Gig" time in your new home.
Still praying for you all, D
Post a Comment