Sunday, June 8, 2008

Up to KY and now back in TN

Mom and I drove up to KY on Thursday for her tap which was scheduled for the next day. Mom was pretty miserable the last 2 days she was in TN. Her belly starts to get full really quickly and her discomfort is horrible. After begging and pleading with mom to leave early she wanted to stay until we left on Thurs. We went out that night which I was quite surprised mom could handle it though she only had a potato and a margarita. The next morning she got tapped at 9am and they took just under 4 liters out. If you have never seen anyone get tapped or seen the stuff that comes out, it looks pretty much like beer....all foamy at the top. It still amazes me how much they can get out of mom. Many people ask me why she has to do this. The tumors in the periteneal (coating of the organs) are hindering the proper function of the liver. The liver is the "motor" of our body. Moms liver is being overworked and so it is secreting lots of fluid, waste, etc. all around her abdomin. Mom has a small tumor on her liver, but even that is not doing much damage. It is all the tumors in the periteneal that is effecting the liver. Please pray that all her organs and her body function according to the way God intended.

After her tap, I took her home and cleaned the pool and got all that set up. If anyone knows mom, she LOVES her pool. She loves having the grandkids over to swim and has always opened her home up to pool parties. Afterwards, she took a nap and I did some running around. I came back later that afternoon and mom seemed a little lonely and sad. I was going to leave to go back to TN, but decided to stay a few more hours and I took her shopping with me. By the time I took her back to the house we were in tears. I know I am now less than 6 hours away, but it still just broke my heart to leave her. We cried. We prayed. I love praying with my mom. It will be something I will always remember. Then I had to get out of the house as soon as I could before I was really a mess. We are both good now. I am back in TN and call mom morning and night to check up and make sure she has taken the massive amount of pills she is required to take, then the pain meds, and then of course the pills I want her to take (JUICE PLUS, Liver enzyme pill, anti-fungal pill,) and then I make sure she is eating, drinking, etc. She is my baby now. I am honored to return the favor.

"Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord you God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you." Deut. 5:16

Love to all-- pray for mom.
Shannon

1 comment:

Boogie said...

Thanks for taking such great care of Mom in Memphis! Love ya!