Monday, May 26, 2008

In KY

Sorry it has been forever since anyone has blogged. I told Boogie he has been really lazy. the duff family got into Memphis on Wednesday afternoon and then closed on our house the next day and got back into the truck and drove right to KY. I am done with driving. The past couple of days have been pretty uneventful. All I have been reallly doing is feeding mom and making sure she gets her vitamins. I think she gets annoyed with me a bit with all the food I try to give her, but I know that if I make it and just put it near her she will eat something. She has been gaining a bit which is great. Saturday we went to Jaclyns softball game. After the game we were trying to get back to the car and she was complaining of double vision, and numbness around her mouth. Her nose was extremely cold too-- didnt understand that??? It took her a while to get up and then once she was up her balance was off....she kept leaning over to the right, pushing me over. Once we got to the car she threw up next to it. Then she felt better. Later that day she just had to lay down. It freaked me out a bit but I guess this is what is going to happen sometimes. I don't know if I should let it bother me or just accept it. I hate seeing her like that and having side effects. Sometimes I even wonder if chemo/treatment is REALLY the right thing to do. Is it just our world we live in that when we get cancer we automatically have only 3 choices? Chemo, radiation, or surgery??? There has got to be something else. Something better. Anyhow I am rambling.......yesterday was so much better. Gavin and I took mom to church which was terrific and then out to eat, and then later that day went over to my friend Christy Sipes house to hang out. Today we will spend much of the Memorial Holiday at Boog and Jenn's for a BBQ. Mom starts treatment tomorrow and I am so happy I will be able to take her and help her this time. hopefully I will post either tomorrow or the next day. BTW, Sarah has moved on to Panama as of Saturday. Please keep her and her team, Seven Eleven in your prayers. Also, thank you to all the service members of our great country esp. VFA 115, our old squadron just left last week for another 6 month deployment.

All my love and keep praying for mom,
Shannon

1 comment:

Last resort said...

Also thinking about you guys. Can't wait to come visit you all in KY

Much Love
Nadine