Thursday, May 15, 2008

Meet My Yellow Team (west coast)








As I write, my house is all packed up, loaded in PODS and I am waiting to leave sunny California (Gavin is STILL working). I cannot express to you how excited I am for this next move to Tennessee, but I couldn't leave without telling everyone about the greatest navy friends that I could ever have. For those that are not in the military these women are my second family. Their kids are my kids best friends. I can call on them in a blink of an eye and they would be here by my side. In the past 2 1/2 years that I have been here, these friends have made countless meals for me, watched my children, picked me up from the airport, cleaned my house, watched my dogs, brought me coffee when I didn't even really need one, given me their shoulder to cry on and prayed on their knees for me, my mom and my family. They absolutely ROCK! Some people are not pictured but here are the many people that are TEAM YELLOW and have supported me and my mom through prayer and love.

Heidi Zeigler, Christie Caldwell, 115 eagle ladies, Joyce Winter, Susan Thames, my church family at Southern Baptist of Hanford, thanks for everything -- you are the best.

Pray for our road trip, we should be in TN for only a couple days next week and then we head up to KY to see mom and all the family!!!

Lots of Love, and keep praying for mom-- Shannon

3 comments:

60 toes said...

Shannon,
I love those girls too. I totally here you on the family thing. I am so thankful for my Navy friends, they are the best. You are one of them. :)

Have a safe trip and I know how excited you must be to be heading home. We are heading back to Pax in August and I feel the same way about that move.

We continue to pray for your mom.

-Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Shanny, you're right- Navy wives are AMAZING. We have never worried about you being alone because, no matter where you go, you are surrounded by such beautiful strong women. Now, give them hugs and kisses and GET MOVIN'! We can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU SHANNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christie