I thank everyone for coming today --- it is beautiful to see how mom was loved so much. I cannot express my gratitude to all the people that sent cards to mom to encourage her, brought endless meals, written on our blog, and simply showing her love through these past 8 months. How can you put into words or on paper how much you love your mom. This is difficult for me. My mom was such a beautiful person but even more she was a fabulous mom for us. Mom was the type of mother that would call me, Sarah , and Jenn about 5 times a day just to see what her grandbabies did for that day. She always called me and asked is Nate doing any new tricks today? Mom was always involved and in our business even if we didn't want her in it which was seldom. That is the type of mom she was. She always had a plan. Calling Jenn and planning our beach trips. There is just so much I could say about my mom, we could be here forever. But I think the most I will take away from my mom's life is how she was always behind me 100% in every possible way. Even during my rebellious teenage years, my mother loved me even when i didn't deserve her love. She was the only person that stood by my side when I disappointed everyone around me. She built me up, held my hand, pushed me and made me the incredibly strong woman I am today. People have called me a survivor, and I can only give credit to my mom that created the survivor in me. We had been through everything together. I would not want it any other way. Thank you Lord for blessing me with my mom.
I will stand up here once again and say God is GOOD, and everything he does is for GOOD. I am going to miss my other so extremely much, but I know without a shadow of doubt I will see her beautiful face again. I know, like I know my own name that there is a God in heaven that sent his son to die on a cross for our sins, that it is by our FAITH in Jesus Christ that we can spend eternity with him and with those that believe and love Him. I know my mom loved Jesus. I do have that hope and peace in my heart that we will share eternity with each other. I pray that it is soon. I pray also that if you do not know and have a relationship with our Lord that you ask and receive him today----I know my mother would want everyone she loved and knew to love the Lord.
I will end today with some lyrics from a song that I had heard a couple a months ago. A dear friend had sent me the words through email not knowing that I had loved it. I hadn't heard the song on the radio for a long time and this morning I heard it while I was driving over to mom's house. It describes my emotions clearly and how I am surrendering to the past 8 months.
Jenny Owens
"If you want me to"
The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I dont' know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If you want me to
Cause I not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials brings me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If you want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that is not my home
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I 'll remember the suffering that Your love put YOU through
And I will walk through the darkness
If you want me to
Cuz when I cross over Jordan
Gonna sing, Gonna shout,
Gonna look into Your eyes and see You NEVER let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to You
And I will walk through the valley
If you want me to
YES, I will walk through the valley
if you want me to.
Love to all -- thanks for praying for mom
Shannon Duff
1 comment:
Your mom raised three beautiful children and I know she is so proud of you all. What an incredible witness you were this past week! I was amazed and humbled by your fortitude, your graciousness, your loving hearts, and your faith. I will always pray for you each day, that God will continue to be the biggest presence in your lives and give you strength to be blessings to Him. You certainly are to me. With love, D
Post a Comment