"There is nothing, no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me.
If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment, but as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what the Lord is."
- Alan Redpath
A beautiful woman sent this to me earlier this year. I have held it close to my heart. I am sitting in one of the waiting rooms on the sixth floor of UofL while a team finishes up an ekg on mom's heart. Sarah, Gavin and I spent the night here last night. Mom woke up for us early, early this morning and I got to see her eyes and talk to her. I knew she was scared. She couldn't talk because of the tube in her throat and she kept trying to lift her hands possible to take it out. She is restrained. Mom has always had a fear of being held down and loss of breathe so I cannot imagine what was going on in her head. I held her hand, softly spoke to her and tried to explain what was happening. How do you calm down from that? I pray for God to settle her heart and mind.
God tells us to come to the throne BOLDLY and render our prayers. My prayer is still for a miracle. I will pray for that until my mom takes her last breathe. All I could think of last night while I watched her lay in the hospital bed with every tube possible coming out of her, was if I was laying there and she was at my side, my mom would fight for my life until the end. She has walked through fire for everyone of her children and grandchildren. I will do the same. God is sovereign even in the midst of this battle. The joy of the Lord is my strength. That is what I am holding on to. Please keep praying on your knees for mom.
Love to all -- Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment