Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom and Sarah headed to Memphis for the Weekend!!!

Just an update-- mom called me Tuesday night and said she felt very uncomfortable and thought she needed a tap--remember she has not had one since July. She wanted me to call radiology and see if I could get her in. Everyone LOVES mom wherever she goes and we have developed a relationship with the radiology team at Norton Suburban. So when I called the nurses and radiologist's assistant (Brooke) was so happy they would see her. They got her in right away. Mom went in on Wednesday morning and they actually took out 3 1/2 liters of fluid. I was a bit shocked --it always still shocks me that she can loose about 10lbs. in a few minutes. I am still confused why she didn't need one for so long and why all of a sudden her fluid started developing. Please pray that the cancer has not been activated. That is one thing Sarah and I were talking about. Pray against it please. Mom felt so much better and went straight home to bed. Tonight, Sarah is packing mom up and coming down here. Yippee!!! It will be great to have them both here. They drive back up on Monday --short but sweet.

Love to all --keep praying for mom

Shannon

No comments: