Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dr. Miller Appointment Tomorrow

Mom went to try to get a tap yesterday. The radiologist couldn't find any pockets to drain the fluid. I could tell mom didn't want to talk about it so I called the nurse that assisted the perithentesis (sp) and she transfered me over to Dr. Burg who was the radiologist at Suburban yesterday. Dr. Burg pretty much told me that her tumors are growing and are now filling the space where all the fluid has been. She said that this could be the result of all the fluid in her body. She told me that I needed to contact Dr. Miller and discuss our next plan of action. I tried to get more info out of her but she really didn't want to discuss anything since she isn't mom's official doctor. I called Dr. Miller and told him all what the radiologist had to say and Dr. Miller said he was hoping for a different outcome of mom's treatment. Dr. Miller wants to examine mom for himself tomorrow. I have to tell you that through all of this Dr. Miller has been the most compassionate doctor that we have dealt with down at the clinic. He has treated mom like family, and when I called him yesterday he told me that he was so happy I called and not to ever think I was bothering him. We are blessed to have him as mom's doctor.

I don't' know what all of this means. I don't' think it is good. The crazy thing is that mom's spirit is so strong, she is going out still, hanging out with friends and living life to it's fullest. But when you see her body, you really don't know how she is doing it. Yesterday, I told her she has to settled down and get her legs elevated because they are so swollen. She told me that she would but she is going out with friends Thursday and Saturday. Oh BTW she went over to a friends house on Tuesday night and didn't get home until 11:30. She is amazing.

Please pray -- I don't' know what for anymore. Strength, Peace, Trust, Faith,.....all of it. Probably more for me, Boog, and Sarah, Jenn, and the rest of the family. I am also scared that tomorrow's news will put mom into a depression. Please pray for that as well. I will not be able to go tomorrow because I am in TN. Sarah is also going to Nicaragua tomorrow for a week, so it will just be Boog and Jenn and possible Michael, mom's brother. Someone will post as soon as possible.

Love to all --shannon

No comments: