Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gamma Knife Round 1 finished

Just a quick update -- Boogie will post a blog tomorrow with more details. Anyhow, the MRI up in Lexington revealed 4 more small tumors. The gamma knife zapped 5 of them but could not reach the last one. Mom has to go back up on the 23rd and get that one zapped too. It makes me sad that she has to go through it all again, but whatever it takes. Mom sounded great on the phone (alot better from the past couple days) but also sarah told me she has been on Perkaset all day too. I am planning on goingup there on Monday.....I can't be away from her too long now. Also, mom has been feeling so down and Jenn and I think we are going to wisk her away to the beach for a girls only weekend at the end of July. We are inviting all her girlfriends (Jan, Judy, Barb, Elaine, and the girls from work) and of course anyone else I have forgotten. Mom thought it was a great idea and we think she needs to get away from that "cancer" room. We dont' know where we are going yet and are still looking for ideas and hotels....if anyone has a place open the last weekend of July or knows of someone that does email me.

Thanks for all your prayers--
Shannon
gsduff@comcast.net

No comments: