Mom is feeling really full and so I called in to see if mom still had her weekly tap scheduled. She did, so Jenn picked her up to take her. The nurse (Brooke) that assists with the tap called me to tell me that mom's bowel is swollen and they couldn't tap her. I asked her if the radiologist thought it was swollen from the tumors or maybe could be impacted. She said from the tumors. Brooke also noticed that mom's speech is really impaired and she was have lots of trouble walking. I noticed her speech this morning too but she is usually worse in the morning anyhow. Today was a bit different and now that Brooke noticed it it makes sense. I know she was implying that she could have had another stroke but she didn't come out and say it. The radiologist had Brooke call Dr. Miller to see if there is anything else they could do to relieve mom's pain. We haven't heard back from anyone just yet. Tomorrow is PET scan in the early am and then an appointment with Dr. Miller. Boog or I will post ASAP.
Pray for mom --shan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Shannon. It sounds like you are very busy. I hope your mom's appointment goes well. I know she is probably so tired of all the doctors and needles. I have been wanting to call you but I don't have your new number. I think about you and your family all the time. Take care of you and your mom. Love, Tracy
Love you guys so much. I am prayig hard and we know the Lord can do mighty things. May His strength be ours and may the Great Physician be working overtime in Vicky's body.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
Jeremiah 17:13-15
Love you,
Tripp
We are praying for your mom and are anxious to hear the results from the PET scan.
You are an amazing daughter, keep up the good work. Your mom must be so proud of having such great advocates.
Love,
Charlotte
Post a Comment