Thursday, August 21, 2008

No Hospital Stay-- Yeah!

Mom and I went to West Clinic yesterday, and for something that should have taken all of 30 minutes took about 4 hours. It took forever to get her registered and then just to get her called back took even longer. My family knows how I love to wait. I am still praying for that fruit of the spirit to kick in. Like always, they weigh mom, and I about passed out when the scale read 126 lbs. Remember she was @150 in mid - July and then we got her down to about 138 about a week 1/2 to 2 weeks ago. She has lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks or less. I guess the lasiks are working too much. Needless to say I am not letting her take those right now until she sees Dr. Miller next Tues. I thought for sure they would put her in the hospital here in Memphis and I immediately started worrying. Gavin happen to leave for San Diego that same day for just 2 days and so I was thinking that I would have to just plop my poor sick mom in some strange hospital. It took forever for the tech to get blood out of mom. She has to lift her arms and do all sorts of things just to get some tubes of blood. After waiting about 30-45 minutes for the results, all the bloodwork came back absolutely beautiful!!! We couldn't believe it -- even mom was shocked. She said she had her mind already planned to stay at the hospital. We were so thankful. You should have seen us in that waiting area. Thank goodness we were the last ones there. Mom looked up at me and said "I wonder what is wrong with me then?'' I just looked at her and said MOM, you have cancer but the cancer does not have you -- you are great, you just need to eat. It is all in your head. Now we are going home and eating! So we stopped by a chinese place, went home and she ate a plate of Lo Mein, white rice and a couple bites of sesame chicken. She had sherbet and crackers later on. This morning she has already had a half of yogurt and I just made her some oatmeal. Now, we are back to gaining the LBS. So your prayers need to change. FYI, there is a great appetite enhancer called Megase. It is in liquid form and you need a prescription for it. Mom had left it in KY so I called Dr. miller's nurse and she ordered it for us down here.

Love to all -- keep praying for mom

Shannon

No comments: