We arrived safely in Louisville at about 11:30 last night. I dropped off Shannon at the hospital right away, took the kids to stay with friends for the evening and then came back to the hospital to spend the evening with Shan, Sarah, Boog, Julie, Steph, Lacey and more as we learned about what was going on now and what we might expect in the future.
Here are the facts, because besides faith in knowing that the Lord is sovereign that is all I can pass along with any certainty right now.
Vicki is in the ICU here at UofL Hospital after experiencing considerable difficulty breathing. She has a wonderful nurse this evening who is lovingly taking care of her and a team of doctors who use more acronyms than I do. She is on a ventilator delivering 100% oxygen, additionally her heart is being assisted by being pressed (that is no doubt not the medical term, however I can't remember what they said right now). Basically, the assistance for her heart is ensuring that blood continues to flow and distribute oxygen to all of her vital organs. She is on numerous medications, some to fight off infections, some to fight a possible blood clot and others to make her comfortable.
We do not really know what the future holds. The doctors will make their rounds again this morning between 9 AM and Noon and should have something more then, how much more is the great unknown.
Please pray for Shannon, Boog and Sarah as they consider any of the significant decisions they are asked to make. That whatever they do, they prayerfully ask the Lord for guidance and hear His will. No doubt this day will be full of challenges and stress, so pray also for peace and rest when time permits.
Shannon or Boog will update later when they have a chance.
by Grace Alone,
Gavin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good morning everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for all of you this morning and hope that you get good news today from the doctors.
Amy Alvey
My love and prayers are with you all.
Love Nadine
My heart is heavy and I am praying for you all. I will continue to check to blog. We are lifting you all up.
I am praying so hard. We love you. D
Post a Comment