Well, I really wanted to post about how we had such a great time this past weekend but I am actually having to tell you all that after mom and Sarah got back to KY this afternoon she fell onto the driveway getting out of the car and fell backwards hitting her head and left side. She was knocked unconscious for a few minutes, then finally awoke. Sarah, of course was frantic and dialed 911 which she said seemed to take forever. Julie, my cousin, which is an RN was thankfully there and they were trying to keep mom calm and encouraging her not to get up. The EMS finally arrived and transported mom to UofL. From there, they gave a cT scan on her brain and praise God that there is no bleeding or swelling. They did find lots of fluid on mom's right lung and administered a perithentesis. They got some fluid out which brought up her BP and brought down her HR. Mom is a bit confused though and is has some short term memory loss. She is staying overnight and hopefully Dr.Miller will be in to see her early in the AM. I am anxiously awaiting in Memphis to hear what else is going to be done and praying that she is going to have a full recovery. I am really hoping they do a Pet scan tomorrow so there is no internal bleeding from the fall, but that is only me being cautious.
I will tell you that we had such a fabulous time here in Memphis. Mom was weak coming in but by Saturday she went to Gabby's soccer game and afterwards mom, Sarah and I went and got pedi's and mani's. It was so nice. Then, last night Sarah and i got a great idea and decided that we were going to dye the little hair that mom has on her head. SHe was all for it. So now she is a beautiful chestnut amber fuzz head. :) I was so excited and happy for her because she was really gaining strength. It crushes me that now this has happened and we are starting all over again. Please keep praying for mom. Please pray for Sarah too because she was a mess tonight and feels like she is responsible for mom's fall which she could have not helped it at all.
please pray for strength for our mom -- please keep all of us in your prayers as well. It absolutely tears our hearts knowing mom is going through all of this.
Love to all ---shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love you guys so much and am thinking of Vick all the time. I am praying for peace right now and for calm hearts. What a blessing the Lord has given us in our family- I am so thankful to have you guys as my brother and sisters. Thank you for being so strong and always giving me examples to follow. Love you all so much and praying for the Lord's strength the next couple days for EVERYONE!
Tripp
Shannon et al, Thank you for this AM info. Ted called me last night with the news that Vick was taken to University...that is all he knew. Did not consider it could be an accident...I awoke at 3:30 this morning with the strong impression to pray for her, Sarah, Boogie and you. I believe we have every right to come before the Father and ask for her complete recovery and am doing so.
Please let me know how to contact Sarah and the best way to help her. God is blessing her mightly but I know she is stressed and needs support. My number is 502-445-7943 - my email is:
kipperkey1@yahoo.com.
Much love and blessing to you, Judi
Post a Comment