Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!

My little sister is 25 yrs old today. I dont know anyone who has a more tender heart. Mom might be a close second.
I love you Say Say,
Boogie

P.S. I always remember Sarah was born in 1983, because I was 12 yrs old and engrossed in the March Madness that resulted in N.C. State's improbable upset of Houston, the team that knocked Louisville out of the Final Four and included Hakeem "The Dream" Olajawun and Clyde "The Glide" Drexler. Most sports fans would recognize the famous footage of N.C. State's coach, Jim Valvano, running frantically onto the floor to hug his players following the last second put in to win. Interestingly enough, ten years later, Valvano, like Mom, would find himself courageously battling metastatic cancer. His V foundation has raised more than $70 million for cancer research. Check out this video of his speech at the 1993 Espys. One of the most inspirational speeches ever! He passed away a month after this speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXlkqkFH6s

No comments: