Back in KY. Sarah and I had a great time driving to and from TN. We looked at about 1000 houses with Gavin and really couldn't choose, so I am leaving it up to Gavin and he can surpise me. I thouhgt it would be so easy to choose with so many houses but i think it was actually harder. It was great being with just Sarah and away from all the chaos. I broked down with her and just told her I was so sad that she had to give up her dream of mission work and come back to KY. But I was also crying and telling her that I am so grateful that God has her in this position to serve mom 100%....because I cannot be there for mom hardly at all. My sister is one of the most amazing women I have ever known. God is using her in incredible ways. Halfway home we got the call. Mom's hair had started to fall out. I don't know why this was so surprising to us but it is. The nurses at the hospital said it probably wouldn't but just get really thin. When we got home I was just playing with her hair and it was just falling all in my fingers. It makes me sad.....I know it is only hair, but it is the reality of the treatment and all she is going through. I still want to wake up from this bad dream. Last week, we where all riding in the car to the doctor and mom just started crying. She just said "how did we get to this point? Last month I was fine." I wonder that myself too. It is amazing in a single moment our lives can change. Laundry doesn't really matter to me anymore, trying to be supermom isn't important either because I know I will never be perfect. I just want to bask in my life and TRULY be thankful to God for all that He has blessed me. Do we have to go through something like this to really know how precious life really is??? It is sad but I think it is true and that is a blessing in itself. God has brought our family together like I couldn't imagine. It is good. Keep praying for mom. She looks and feels great. Her legs and feet are really swollen but she is laughing and talking. We need you all to pray also for her to eat. She has no appetite. It is so important that she eats this week and the next. She needs to be as strong as possible. We go on Tuesday to meet with Dr.Miller again to find out when round 2 starts.
Love to all -- Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shannon,
When my Uncle was at the worst of Chemo the Dr's had him drink Ensure for nutrition. I know, I know but it did help. YOu can buy it at any grocery store and someone told me the American Cancer society may give you some free but I am not positive.
Hang in there. Love Tanya
Vicki-- I think about you and pray for you everyday! You were like a second mom to me when I was young. I remember walking down 5th st. to come to your house to play.(My mom was always cleaning) Boogie and Shanny were my first best friends and life was good. In adulthood we also croseed paths as Vicki is my child support worker from my divorce ( how ironic) I also remember you stopping me in the hallway in the courthouse just to talk and give me strengh while going through that hard time. You are a faith filled amazing woman and so strong. I love you Vic--and the rest of the family too. Kim Pike Brizendine
Post a Comment