Monday, March 31, 2008

Gaining Strength and Picking the Final Four

Mom is feeling a little better each day. She still gets sick every once in a while, but overall, she is improving gradually. She went out shopping this weekend with Jenn and Sarah. It was good for her to get out of the house. We were both sad Louisville lost to North Carolina, but we knew we had to catch North Carolina on a slightly off night for us to win. UNC was definitely not off! They played great, but we hung in there and made a good showing. Making the Elite 8 was good for this team. I will miss David Padgett. He was one of my all-time favorite U of L players. Incredibly, Mom picked the final four perfectly. All four number 1 seeds advanced. I made fun of her for those picks. Shows you what I know. Sometimes the obvious choices pan out, but it makes for a boring tourny. Davidson was the only real spoiler. I still think UNC is the best team. Im already in "wait til next year" mode with Louisville. I dont have anyone to root for now. I hate the favorites. Oh well, one more week til the 2nd best sporting event of the year --The Masters...(roll soft, warm fuzzy music). That will be a tough week---watch a little Masters, hang out at the beach, drink cool fruity drinks, sleep in, and eat at the buffets. How blessed are we? We are all gonna have a blast with Mom in Cancun. Eight more days!

No comments: