Yep that is how I have been feeling this week. I cannot wait until I leave sunny California and move to TN.....I can honestly I will not shed a tear about this place, well I might miss all the luscious fruit in the summer since we live directly in the San Joaquin valley. Anyhow, May cannot come soon enough. This week though moms treatment went smoothly and she sounds so great, she still had some emotional ups and downs. She called me crying and of course I was freaking out and wanted to jump on the next plane to KY. She told me she was just really weepy and needed to have a good cry. If anyone knows our family (a household full girls) we are a bunch of emotional cry babies and mom always gets the emotional, cry our eyes out, phone calls from me and Sarah. Isn't that what mom's are for???? Well, I got the weepy phone call from mom. Understandably, she is going to be emotional about what has happened in the past 2 months. She said she just needed to call me and have a good cry. I cried too. We were a weepy mess. It was really good to have and I felt needed. I just want to be with her and hug her when she needs her "good cries." I miss my mom. She has ALWAYS been there for me wherever I have been, and has loved me in my darkest times when I didn't make her proud. She has always understood me and listened to me even when I made no sense at all-- that is my mom. She is amazing. It is just hard for me to sit here in CA and listen to her pain and tears. I want to thank everyone for all the cards that have been sent to her. She has appreciated all of them and I know that is one of the things that has triggered her emotions -- She is overwhelmed by the love of all of you. For the people that are in KY -- please stop by. You will not be a bother and I think it will lift her spirits too, just to see new faces. She is eating alot better but losing weight pretty quickly (she went from 162 on thursday and then after being tapped is 147) so if you want to fatten her up you can bring over your favorite dish. And as always, thank you for the prayers -- keep praying.
Love to all -- Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment