Yesterday, we had an impromptu get together and dinner at my house. Mom said she was craving some crab cakes so Jenn and I went to Costco to get some goods. When mom gets an appetite for something, we all rush to make it available, because it doesnt happen all that often. While we were at Costco, we found out the party had grown to 16 total (My family, Shan and kids, Mom, Sarah, Mee-maw(my paternal grandmother), and Christie Sipes and her kids). The more the merrier, right. After buying enough food for a small army at Costco, we got to cooking. Check out this menu: Baked Crab cakes with home-made tarter sauce, grilled tri-tip steaks with grilled red and yellow bell peppers, fried chicken wings, grilled red onions, loaded baked potatoes, steamed brocolli, and cantaloupe. Someone might have made a salad, Im not sure, I didnt get that far. Mom ate great! I ate greater. Everyone had fun and enjoyed each other's company.
While Mom is still having problems walking, she refuses to let that keep her down. She is determined as ever. She continues to show tremendous inner strength, uncompromising resolve, and mental toughness that never ceases to surprise me. Who knew, that under that easy-going, free-spirited, and fun-loving facade, was a tenacious, spunky, never-quit fighter, ready to battle for all she's worth. She's doing it with lots of help from above and with lots of prayers headed in that direction.
Love,
Boog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just had a great night too. She ate 3 meals today and then at around 10pm she had me go out and get a cheeseburger and fry. yeah mom!! She says she wants to go out shopping in the morning too!!!
shan
Glad to hear you all had such a great day and wonderful meal!! You're still in our daily thoughts and prayers. We love you all and know we miss you.
Love- Sandy and family
I am glad to hear that Vic is doing so well, I pray for her offten and my mom and Cathy do as well.
I am very thankful that you all are keeping us posted.
God bless all of you!
Greg Lapp
Post a Comment