I woke up pretty early this morning, checked on mom and she was hurting. Her legs were in alot of pain. I prayed with her, rubbed her back and she went back to sleep. The mornings are mom's worse lately. she seems more stiff and tight in the legs. Our appointment was at 2:30 and Dr. Miller and the nurse was commenting on how much better she looked. She weighed in at 141 lbs. YEAH MOM!!! Praise God....thank you Lord I needed that. Mom lost 8 lbs. in 3 days. If it were only that easy for me :) Dr. Miller was just so happy that mom looked so much better. He ordered another infusion of Albumin, so we all headed to the 2nd floor for that -- it took about an hour or so. Dr. Miller also gave us a prescription for a wheelchair since mom isn't doing the best at walking. That is okay, one day at a time. I asked Dr. Miller if he had any objections if I took mom to Memphis and he started recommending BBQ places. Mom has been really wanting to get back down there with me so we are going to see how she is and I will possibly bring her down next Friday. Today was a great day for our whole family. Can i tell you how remarkable our mom is. She has never complained about one thing yet. Mom has never let her mind, nor her heart be pierced by any of this. It is only her physical body that has been effected. She is truly inspiring. That is our mom. Pray that more fluid comes off and if you can specifically pray for better mobility and strength that would be wonderful. I thank you for all your prayers. We have heard them from all across the country.
pray for mom -- love to all, Shannon
"Trust in the Lord, with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes. Fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." Proverb 3: 5-8
Amen to that!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your Mom is amazing... You gotta bring her to Beale Street!!!
XOXOXXO Nadine
I am so blessed to see you walking in faith even through the worst circumstances. Always remember He is agonizing with you, not doing this TO you, and He will use all of this to show you what true freedom in Christ is. He can, and He will bring you through brokeness to accomplish something great in you, and in your mom. He loves you, loves you, loves you, and I do too :) Julia
Post a Comment