Mom's legs are a little better. She is still having trouble walking for any extended period of time, but has been getting out and about in the wheelchair every day. Yesterday she went shopping with Shan and Jenn. Later, we all met up with the Sipes family again, and went out to eat at King Fish on the river. Mom's appetite is very good. She has been on the appetite stimulant, Megace, and it's been working very well. Unfortunately, we all ate way too much fried stuff. Fried fish, fried shrimp, fried onion rings, fried clams, fried oysters, fried hush puppies, french fries, everything fried. Im glad Mom got some calories, but the rest of us might have taken a couple years off our lives. I felt like going straight to a cardiologist for an angioplasty. Fried stuff is so yummy, but once it's in your belly, it really is regretable. Jenn and I felt so sick on the way home. Purging never sounded so good.
Mom plans on getting out again today, even though it is a nasty, rainy day here in the Ville. Im glad she is staying active.
God Bless,
Boog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gig, Wow! I had heard that you were ill, and called you, maybe a month or two ago, but had NO IDEA what you've been going through! You've certainly been in my prayers and will be even more now that I know of your battle. What a wonderful family you have. I've read their blog, and they are fine children (adults, but still your babies)! I'd like to get by to see you, it's been too long, but you know I love you and always have! Keep up the good fight! love, Judy Morgan McGarvey
Reading your blog Boogie makes me want to eat!!
Yah Vickie!!
Post a Comment