Thursday, March 6, 2008

Talk Is Cheap - And Sometimes Blasphemous

What if I told you I know people who could cure my mom’s cancer. And that Ive known about them during this whole ordeal. And while I continue to publicly proclaim that there are many people who can heal her, I sit idly by and continue to watch her suffer. And while others beg and plead for me to tell them who exactly Im talking about, I cant produce a single, specific name who can do what I so boastfully claim. Think about that for a minute. Now, honestly, what would you think of me?
Of course, I don’t claim to know anyone with the miraculous gift of healing. But I have, over the last month or so, been in contact with people who make such a bold claim. They claim that they themselves, or people that they know, have the miraculous gift of healing, bestowed upon them by the Holy Spirit. Not only do they claim cancer can be cured with this gift, but the dead rise, and the blind see, as well! God even personally and directly talks to them, giving them revelation and prophecy. I have begged them with all my heart to send just one person with this gift to come heal my mom. I promised I would do whatever it takes to either bring them to her or get her to them. My mom's life depends on getting rid of this cancer. But I trust in God and the Holy Spirit. I know that IF God has given the gift of healing to someone today, they could heal my mom. God will not fail. He cannot fail. The gift, IF real, would not fail!
But now, after a month of talking, pleading, discussing, emailing, etc. with these people who make such incredible claims ---Nothing. No one has stepped up. Despite their claims, they cant find a single soul who can heal my mom. What happened to the bold claims? Where are all these miracle workers? “(cricket noises)” My mom still has cancer. And yet they continue, unabashedly with their claims of miraculous power from God, unwilling to back them up, either biblically, or by healing Mom.
Of course they have their excuses. There are too many to list. The most popular ones are “it doesn’t work all the time” and “you don’t have enough faith”. The first one, like their claims, is utterly blasphemous. Does God’s power work half the time? Does the Holy Spirit fail? Did Jesus ever fail in an attempt to heal someone in the Bible? What an affront to God! How shameful to blame God for their failure!
The second excuse is laughable. Mom is the one who needs healing, not me. My faith is inconsequential in the matter. And ironically, Mom believes them. She is convinced that these gifts of the Spirit are available today. So faith is in no way an obstacle. So what is the stumbling block? How can someone continue to claim that people have the modern day, miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit, and that they know plenty of people who have these gifts, and at the same time, not be able to produce one single person who can cure Mom?
Mom’s second cycle has been pushed back to Wednesday. Thursday she’ll start puking every day. She wont want to eat a thing. Her body will get bloated from all the fluid. Her temperature will rocket above 101 and she will get the chills. Her blood pressure will drop to 78/40. Her white blood cells and platelets will dip low. And her kidneys will struggle to function properly. She will be miserable in a hospital bed on the 8th floor of the University of Louisville hospital. Where will the miraculous healers be?
Those of you reading this, who still believe that the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit are available today, I beg you to reexamine your beliefs, “accurately handling the word of truth.”. It is not a minor issue without consequences. A prophet whose prophesies fail is a false prophet. Here’s what God says about them:

Jeremiah 23:32"Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yet I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit," declares the LORD.
Ezekiel 13:2 "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy from their own inspiration, 'Listen to the word of the LORD! 3'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe to the foolish prophets who are following their own spirit and have seen nothing……6"They see falsehood and lying divination who are saying, 'The LORD declares,' when the LORD has not sent them; yet they hope for the fulfillment of their word. 7"Did you not see a false vision and speak a lying divination when you said, 'The LORD declares,' but it is not I who have spoken? 8Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD, "Because you have spoken falsehood and seen a lie, therefore behold, I am against you," declares the Lord GOD.

Is there any doubt God is against one who claims to have the gift of prophesy and his prophesies fail? Is there any doubt how God feels about one who claims to have the gift of healing/miracles and they fail?
“It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God”

If anyone would like to talk to me personally about this matter, or see all the written correspondence I’ve had with the people alleging such gifts, just let me know. I have pages documenting their boastful claims, inconsistencies, illogical and unbiblical beliefs, and elusiveness to simple, direct questions. I will gladly let anyone review the material. My email is boogiehampton@gmail.com

Pray for Mom!
Boog

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Christie C. I am a very close friend of Shannon. I have been praying for your mom since the news was let out. I totally understand what you are saying about people claiming that they have the gift of healing and yet no one will step up to the plate and fight for her other than your family. I am one who does belive in the gift of healing. Although, I DO NOT believe that a person can be healed by the power of this one who claims to have the gift. ALL the power comes from Holy Spirit Himself. WHen these people claim that they truely have the gift it will fail if they use their own power. THat is counterfit. You are correct! But, I have had first hand expirence. I have had my own body healed in both ways. Over a period of time as well as right away! Praise God. I too can be led by the Lord( hear Him). That is ONLY when I take the time and or am waiting on Him. If I am running around doing my own thing after I have come to the Lord in prayer, how in the world can I hear him?
I can really sense your anger. I would be very angery too. But I urge you to seek the Lord out on this before you make all of these conclusions about the gifts not being for today. It is unfortunate that you have this view on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Just because we have not SEEN the manifistaion of your mom's healing yet, doesn't mean that she has not been healed! We, as HIs children should take Him at His word ALL of the time. He paid the price for our healing. Pray expectingly. Believe it eventhough you have not seen it. This whole thing that your sweet mom is going through is not about her alone. It is about YOU and every member of your family. Don't you know that the Lord loves you ALL enough to shake up your world to get you to stop and seek Him, trust Him, Love HIm and Live for HIm in a deeper more mature way than you did last year? THe great news is that He has so much more than we can fathom. Your mom has been healed! THe Lord says so in His Word. Ask the Lord about this. Wait for His reply. God is good all the time...God is good!!!!!
Christie

Boogie said...

My Mom has been healed? Really? Should we cancel the chemo? Christie, I'd love to discuss this, along with miraculous gifts, and your revelations from God, with you further. Shoot me an email if you want to talk more.

Boogie said...

Just to be sure, I double checked. You are mistaken, my Mom still has cancer. She has NOT been healed yet. Please clarify your claim.

Anonymous said...

Boggie,
I love you too much (through Jesus) to argue with you. I know you are angry. I AM believing that Vicky IS healed in JESUS NAME! My eyes cann't see it yet but My Father doesn't lie. I believe Him! May the Lord be revealed to you in a new and awsome way this season.

Christie

Boogie said...

I know the Father does not lie? He promises Christians forgiveness of sins through Jesus, leading to eternal life. You seem to be confused about what Jesus accomplished on the cross. He shed His blood for our sins, not our physical aches, pains, and ailments. Hardships, disease, and suffering will always be present in this world, and Christians arent exempt or immune. Where is His promise to physically heal my mom? Can you give me the Chapter and verse in the Bible or is this one of your personal revelations directly from God? Are we all not going to die physically? God has not promised any one of us another breath on this earth. Our responsibility is to serve Him so that we are ready for eternity, whenever that might come.

Boogie said...

Examine how far this false doctrine will carry someone. According to Christie C and others...God has promised to heal my mom of cancer. If true, and Mom is not healed, God is indeed a liar. Is that really the position you are willing to take? Do you really want to go that far? I seriously doubt it, but that is exactly where your false doctrine leads! I pray you consider this more closely.

Anonymous said...

Boogie,
You are putting words in my mouth. I will not debate with you.

Christie

Genesis 20:17
Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelech, his wife and his slave girls so they could have children again,
Genesis 20:16-18 (in Context) Genesis 20 (Whole Chapter)
Exodus 21:19
the one who struck the blow will not be held responsible if the other gets up and walks around outside with his staff; however, he must pay the injured man for the loss of his time and see that he is completely healed.
Exodus 21:18-20 (in Context) Exodus 21 (Whole Chapter)
Leviticus 13:37
If, however, in his judgment it is unchanged and black hair has grown in it, the itch is healed. He is clean, and the priest shall pronounce him clean.
Leviticus 13:36-38 (in Context) Leviticus 13 (Whole Chapter)
Leviticus 14:3
The priest is to go outside the camp and examine him. If the person has been healed of his infectious skin disease,
Leviticus 14:2-4 (in Context) Leviticus 14 (Whole Chapter)
Joshua 5:8
And after the whole nation had been circumcised, they remained where they were in camp until they were healed.
Joshua 5:7-9 (in Context) Joshua 5 (Whole Chapter)
1 Samuel 6:3
They answered, "If you return the ark of the god of Israel, do not send it away empty, but by all means send a guilt offering to him. Then you will be healed, and you will know why his hand has not been lifted from you."
1 Samuel 6:2-4 (in Context) 1 Samuel 6 (Whole Chapter)
2 Kings 2:21
Then he went out to the spring and threw the salt into it, saying, "This is what the LORD says: 'I have healed this water. Never again will it cause death or make the land unproductive.' "
2 Kings 2:20-22 (in Context) 2 Kings 2 (Whole Chapter)
2 Kings 5:1
[ Naaman Healed of Leprosy ] Now Naaman was commander of the army of the king of Aram. He was a great man in the sight of his master and highly regarded, because through him the LORD had given victory to Aram. He was a valiant soldier, but he had leprosy.
2 Kings 5:1-3 (in Context) 2 Kings 5 (Whole Chapter)
2 Chronicles 30:20
And the LORD heard Hezekiah and healed the people.
2 Chronicles 30:19-21 (in Context) 2 Chronicles 30 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 30:2
O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.
Psalm 30:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 30 (Whole Chapter)
Psalm 107:20
He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Psalm 107:19-21 (in Context) Psalm 107 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 6:10
Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed."
Isaiah 6:9-11 (in Context) Isaiah 6 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:4-6 (in Context) Isaiah 53 (Whole Chapter)
Jeremiah 14:19
Have you rejected Judah completely? Do you despise Zion? Why have you afflicted us so that we cannot be healed? We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there is only terror.
Jeremiah 14:18-20 (in Context) Jeremiah 14 (Whole Chapter)
Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
Jeremiah 17:13-15 (in Context) Jeremiah 17 (Whole Chapter)
Jeremiah 51:8
Babylon will suddenly fall and be broken. Wail over her! Get balm for her pain; perhaps she can be healed.
Jeremiah 51:7-9 (in Context) Jeremiah 51 (Whole Chapter)
Jeremiah 51:9
" 'We would have healed Babylon, but she cannot be healed; let us leave her and each go to his own land, for her judgment reaches to the skies, it rises as high as the clouds.'
Jeremiah 51:8-10 (in Context) Jeremiah 51 (Whole Chapter)
Ezekiel 34:4
You have not strengthened the weak or healed the sick or bound up the injured. You have not brought back the strays or searched for the lost. You have ruled them harshly and brutally.
Ezekiel 34:3-5 (in Context) Ezekiel 34 (Whole Chapter)
Hosea 11:3
It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them.
Hosea 11:2-4 (in Context) Hosea 11 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 4:24
News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.
Matthew 4:23-25 (in Context) Matthew 4 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 8:8
The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
Matthew 8:7-9 (in Context) Matthew 8 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.
Matthew 8:12-14 (in Context) Matthew 8 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 8:16
When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.
Matthew 8:15-17 (in Context) Matthew 8 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 9:21
She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."
Matthew 9:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 9 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.
Matthew 9:21-23 (in Context) Matthew 9 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 12:15
[ God's Chosen Servant ] Aware of this, Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed him, and he healed all their sick,
Matthew 12:14-16 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 12:22
[ Jesus and Beelzebub ] Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.
Matthew 12:21-23 (in Context) Matthew 12 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 14:14
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
Matthew 14:13-15 (in Context) Matthew 14 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 14:36
and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
Matthew 14:35-36 (in Context) Matthew 14 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 15:28
Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
Matthew 15:27-29 (in Context) Matthew 15 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 15:30
Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
Matthew 15:29-31 (in Context) Matthew 15 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 17:18
Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.
Matthew 17:17-19 (in Context) Matthew 17 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 19:2
Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
Matthew 19:1-3 (in Context) Matthew 19 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 21:14
The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.
Matthew 21:13-15 (in Context) Matthew 21 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 1:34
and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.
Mark 1:33-35 (in Context) Mark 1 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 3:10
For he had healed many, so that those with diseases were pushing forward to touch him.
Mark 3:9-11 (in Context) Mark 3 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 5:23
and pleaded earnestly with him, "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live."
Mark 5:22-24 (in Context) Mark 5 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 5:28
because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed."
Mark 5:27-29 (in Context) Mark 5 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 5:34
He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."
Mark 5:33-35 (in Context) Mark 5 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 6:13
They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
Mark 6:12-14 (in Context) Mark 6 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 6:56
And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
Mark 6:55-56 (in Context) Mark 6 (Whole Chapter)
Mark 10:52
"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.
Mark 10:51-52 (in Context) Mark 10 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 4:40
When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.
Luke 4:39-41 (in Context) Luke 4 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 5:15
Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses.
Luke 5:14-16 (in Context) Luke 5 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 6:18
who had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases. Those troubled by evil spirits were cured,
Luke 6:17-19 (in Context) Luke 6 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 7:7
That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed.
Luke 7:6-8 (in Context) Luke 7 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 8:47
Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.
Luke 8:46-48 (in Context) Luke 8 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 8:48
Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."
Luke 8:47-49 (in Context) Luke 8 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 8:50
Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed."
Luke 8:49-51 (in Context) Luke 8 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 9:11
but the crowds learned about it and followed him. He welcomed them and spoke to them about the kingdom of God, and healed those who needed healing.
Luke 9:10-12 (in Context) Luke 9 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 9:42
Even while the boy was coming, the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the evil spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father.
Luke 9:41-43 (in Context) Luke 9 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 13:10
[ A Crippled Woman Healed on the Sabbath ] On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues,
Luke 13:9-11 (in Context) Luke 13 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 13:14
Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, "There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath."
Luke 13:13-15 (in Context) Luke 13 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 14:4
But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him away.
Luke 14:3-5 (in Context) Luke 14 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 17:11
[ Ten Healed of Leprosy ] Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
Luke 17:10-12 (in Context) Luke 17 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 17:15
One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice.
Luke 17:14-16 (in Context) Luke 17 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 18:42
Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."
Luke 18:41-43 (in Context) Luke 18 (Whole Chapter)
Luke 22:51
But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.
Luke 22:50-52 (in Context) Luke 22 (Whole Chapter)
John 5:10
and so the Jews said to the man who had been healed, "It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat."
John 5:9-11 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)
John 5:13
The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.
John 5:12-14 (in Context) John 5 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 4:9
If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed,
Acts 4:8-10 (in Context) Acts 4 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 4:10
then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.
Acts 4:9-11 (in Context) Acts 4 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 4:14
But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say.
Acts 4:13-15 (in Context) Acts 4 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 4:22
For the man who was miraculously healed was over forty years old.
Acts 4:21-23 (in Context) Acts 4 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 5:16
Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evil spirits, and all of them were healed.
Acts 5:15-17 (in Context) Acts 5 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 8:7
With shrieks, evil spirits came out of many, and many paralytics and cripples were healed.
Acts 8:6-8 (in Context) Acts 8 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 14:9
He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed
Acts 14:8-10 (in Context) Acts 14 (Whole Chapter)
Acts 28:8
His father was sick in bed, suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went in to see him and, after prayer, placed his hands on him and healed him.
Acts 28:7-9 (in Context) Acts 28 (Whole Chapter)
Hebrews 12:13
"Make level paths for your feet," so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
Hebrews 12:12-14 (in Context) Hebrews 12 (Whole Chapter)
James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
James 5:15-17 (in Context) James 5 (Whole Chapter)
1 Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:23-25 (in Context) 1 Peter 2 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.
Revelation 13:2-4 (in Context) Revelation 13 (Whole Chapter)
Revelation 13:12
He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
Revelation 13:11-13 (in Context) Revelation 13 (Whole Chapter)

Anonymous said...

Boogie,

I am just an outsider who happened to come across the blog. First let me say that I am deeply moved by the love for your mom. It is apparent you love her so much and I pray that one day my children will grow to love me as you love your mom.

To the person named Christie:

It seems quite apparent that you did a Biblical search for the word "healed" and then pasted every conceivable verse where it appears without taking into account any hermeneutics (context, time period, people addressed to, purpose, etc.). This is unfortunate and not sound Biblical doctrine. Many people take verses out of context and do more damage than good. It is like a person who takes a hammer into a house and starts smashing around without knowing what they're doing. For this I am sorry. Please show love for a brother who is mourning instead of trying to have a weak foundational argument. It doesn't work.

Boogie,
Yes, we mourn those we are about to lose or have lost. Jesus wept for Lazarus, and this knowing He would raise him and be with Him again! Unfortunately we will not be with the ones we love until we are with the Lord. It does not mean we will not miss that person until then. I would say something is wrong if we don't weep. But it's not because they have gone to some great unknown. We know where they are, the Bible tells us. It's just that we love them so much it hurts and we want to have them around.

I am delighted you are a Christian Boogie because you know the hope that lies within. The Lord takes everybody in different ways, but He does take everybody. I know it's hard, but rejoice in the fact that your mom was not taken in an instant (like a car wreck) where you would not have that one moment more just to say I love you. She is eternally healed, true. So Christie is correct in that. Focus on that and PLEASE don't spend these last days in anger. Rejoice with your mom while you can. That's what I would want from my son!

What I say to you Boogie is love your mom. Don't waste a minute on this blog. The internet will be around for quite some time. Make every second seem like a decade and never let a second slip by without saying I LOVE YOU!

Boogie said...

Christie,
In what way have I "put words in your mouth"? You typed the words yourself. You stated your belief clearly in black and white for all to read. I don't want to misrepresent what you believe. You can clarify what you wrote. That's what I've wanted all along. When you responded to my blog, was it unreasonable of me to expect that you were willing to "debate" the issue presented? Why then be surprised when I forcefully pressed my point. My goal was to expose a false doctrine that directly relates to my Mom's situation. I think I made that clear from the initial blog entry. Christie, I have nothing against you personally, or anyone else who holds your view. My sister says you are a very sincere person and I believe her. As I previously mentioned, there are many in my family, who I love dearly, including my Mom, who believe similarly to you. The problem is no one can defend this false doctrine without putting themselves into a contradictory, illogical, unreasonable, unbiblical, and inconsisent position. Im confident an unbiased reader of our brief correspondence can see how quickly your doctrine betrayed you. Let us all "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."