Monday, April 21, 2008

Mexico by Shan

hey everyone, just thought I would write about my take on Mexico. Boogie beat me to putting up pics -- they are so great. I had a fantastic time, though it was challenging to say the least with driving to LA and flying to Mexico with the 4 kiddos by myself. Gavin was unable to go becasue he was doing his last detachment on the USS Ronald Reagan with VFA 115...Yippee! I was sad that he couldn't join us. Mom and I shared a room together and the kids had an adjoining room -- it was crazy at times but so well worth it. I was so impressed with mom and how strong she was. She walked all over the resort (steps were difficult) and by the end of the trip she was able to pick Nate up and hold him for a while. I think it really strengthened her physically and mentally which is what she (and we) needed. She was eating like a champ and I was thinking that she may have put on a few LBS. The last full day she wasn't feeling too great and she had gotten sick a bit. The worst part was leaving on Tuesday. I couldn't say goodbye to her enough and I kept coming back to her to give her a kiss and a hug. It felt exactly the way it always does whenever she leaves me wherever we are or if I am leaving her from KY......a homesick feeling I will never get use to. Now we are back to reality, the reality that we still have to face this terrible disease and start the fight back up again. Mom called me that Tuesday night a bit upset saying that she walked back into her "cancer room," and she was sad. I was sad too. The thought of her having to go back into the hospital for another round of treatment breaks my heart. For a week we lived like nothing was wrong, no cancer, no sicknes even though we could see that she was still weak. Everything was good. Today mom gets the "official" results of the PET scan -- that is at 5pm EST. I or Boog will post info as soon as possible. Thanks for all your prayers --

Love to all --shannon

No comments: