Thursday, April 3, 2008

Still Not Feeling Great

Mom is still not feeling all that great. Her stomach has never fully settled from round 2 and she is still getting sick periodically. We have all been praying she would feel a ton better before we left for Cancun. She is getting ready to get tapped today in the next couple of hours. Hopefully, draining some of that fluid off will help her get over the little rut she's in. We'll still have a few more days to go, so she has some more time to start feeling better. Ive kidded her --you can feel a little yucky up in your bedroom, in rainy Louisville, KY or feel a little yucky on the beach in Cancun. It is an easy choice, but who likes to feel yucky anywhere, right? Yucky is yucky no matter where you are.

Tomorrow she has all her scans done to see what the tumors look like. Like I mentioned before, we arent going to find out the results until we get back. But I must admit, it will feel weird knowing that those scans have been done, and the important results are "out there". I will want to know what they reveal. Im not a very patient person. I hate to not know something. Im an investigator by nature. A studier. Someone who loves to examine the facts. And the facts will be available, but we wont know them for a couple of weeks. Are the tumors smaller? Have they grown? Are they the same? Have they totally remitted? Ive been wanting to know the answers to those questions for weeks already. It will be super hard for me to wait another week and a half. As for Mom, it wont bother her in the least. She doesnt seem to feel the same need to know like I do. Honestly, I dont know what to make of that. Maybe she is just a lot stronger than me. She is definitely more patient. Maybe she understands whether she knows today or 2 weeks from now doesnt really matter. What we know or dont know wont change the reality of the results any way. Maybe she's scared. Or maybe she's confident. Honestly, I dont know. She doesnt like to talk about it, so I dont bring it up. I just try to stay positive around her. I think that is what she wants from me, but Im not sure. She might talk more candidly to Shan, Sarah, Jenn, Steph, and Julie. The girls have that girl vibe. Im the only guy in the whole family here in Louisville. My vibe is very different from theirs. Sometimes I feel like the title of the book, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". It is true we are wired differently, that is for sure. God designed us that way. The trick is to appreciate the differences and realize that both sexes compliment each other. How that applies in this case......I have no idea. I just love my Mom and hope she knows Im there for her in any way I can.

Pray for Mom. God bless,
Boogie

No comments: