Well the bio chemo was not working. Well, we can't say that for sure because it did stop the aggressiveness of the cancer. The PET scan detected no new tumors but there was no shrinkage either. I really didn't know how to feel yesterday.....a little let down but I still will praise God that there is no new tumors. Dr. Miller wants to take mom off the chemo that she had started and try a new immunotherapy called ONTAK. I dont' know much about it but I know that mom is so happy not to go back into the hospital. This treatment will require 1-2 hours of outpatient IV therapy Tues-Friday every 3 weeks for the next 2 months and then she will have another PET scan after that to see how this treatment works. I know that mom and Sarah need a break from that hard chemo--it was just so hard on mom's little body (she is down to 129 lbs). We are really praying that this will not effect her body so harshly and she will be able to eat properly and have little nausea. Pray for next week, she starts on Tuesday.
Love to all, Shannon
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpassses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment