Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Almost Done??????

All the info I have is from either my sister or my brother, I am just the messenger. I feel as if I am going crazy here in CA because I am not by mom's side. Things seem to have slowed down. Mom is not out of the hospital and they will not let her leave because her kidneys are not working properly. Her kidneys are not producing the proteins that they should and the doctors have been giving her protein shots. I really do not understand alot of this. Also, if you can only imagine this but she has gain 20 pounds in 1 week. The doctors did say that she would gain up to 10 pounds during her rounds of chemo but she has gained even more with all the excess fluid from her abdomin that she had usually had been. They tried to tap her yesterday but since her blood pressure was so low they didn't and Sarah said she came back up to the room in tears. It breaks my heart. Last night Boog and Sarah waited up at the hospital for the doctor to come in and talk to them, but then evidently left without stopping by the room. He also put in an order to give another protein shot but forgot to write the amount for the nurse so mom ended up not getting the shot, so we are wondering if that will slow the process in getting her home as well. We are so frustrated. Please pray that mom's kidney will start functioning properly. also, she needs to get tapped from all her fluid. Every time she has been tapped that is when she starts urinating alot better. Her poor body has been through so much this past week. I leave for KY on Sunday for 2 weeks and this time I am taking the kiddos. Pray for our flights and safety. You might as well pray for the people around us on the plane too-- it is just me with all the kids....I wouldn't want to be sitting around us.



Love to all -- shannon

No comments: