I just got back from the hospital. They restarted Mom's treatment around 6:00 pm or so. By the time I left she had gotten all of the chemo for the day and was getting ready to get started on the bios. She was once again in great spirits, like always. When I left around 10:30 she wasnt feeling any side effects whatsoever. I pray this will continue throughout the night. She also got a new, private room (839). Not sure if it was just our turn, or they realized we were a rowdy bunch that needed our space. Im guessing the latter. Either way, the room is great. Jennifer decorated it with several pictures of Gig having fun with her family and grandchildren. It really brightened the place up and I could tell Mom really liked them. Jenn also brought tons of different candies, as well as a pecan and apple pie from the Pie Kitchen. It was killing me because I love apple pie and couldnt dig in. (remember -Im in a weight loss competition-Im down 10lbs in one week fyi). A little later, Mom, Sarah, and I had a great talk about spiritual things. It feels so refreshing to be able to talk about those types of things without reservation. I think we all benefited. I know I did.
Sarah is spending the night with Mom again tonight. Sarah sleeps in a reclining chair that is as hard as granite. I dont know how she gets any sleep at all, or how she is able to walk upright in the morning. Im so glad she is with Mom throughout the night though. Hopefully Mom will zoom right through the IL-2 (bio) without a problem, but if not, Sarah will be right there. That is so comforting to me. Imagine how much more so for Mom.
God bless,
Boog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment