Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Glimpse From CALIFORNIA

So I am sitting here a gazillion miles from my mom....I just got off the phone with her and was praying with her. Praying that she will have a peace and for God's hand of mercy upon her. She gets admitted to Brown Cancer Clinic tomorrow (monday) morning at about 9am to start the first round of biochemical chemo with digoxin. The doctors say she will be in the hospital for 5-7 days. She tells me she is ready to get things started and she feels like she is just going on a little vacation tomorrow or something.....mom always has a way to make fun of things like that. She is the most positive person I have ever met. I have always said she is my biggest cheerleader. I must say I feel absolutely helpless here in CA when my siblings are all back in KY doing what I feel I need to be doing as well.....taking care of mom. I am just so thankful that Sarah, my baby sis, has come home from her mission trip and will be such a vital help in all of this. I must say, that we have really come together in all of this. I wouldn't expect it any other way but I just dont' know what I would do without Boog and Sarah.
So I was reading last night in my bible, Mark 11: 22-24 "Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea, and it will happen. But you MUST REALLY BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours. " bold text added. Jesus is saying that we must have ultimate faith in God. And that is what I am calling everyone who reads this blog about our mom to have. I will not deny that my mother has been diagnosed with stage IV melanoma, but I am going to deny that it will reign over her body and this family. This is what Jesus is about. Having a hope and a faith that HE can heal even to this day. HE is the same as yesterday, today, and tomorrow. And He calls us to have a faith of a mustard seed. I want all of this to further His kingdom according to His will. I lay all my fears and doubts on his feet. That is the only thing left I have to do. So I am calling everyone to truly believe in his miracles. Take away all the what ifs, statistics, percentages and numbers and just have FAITH. Please pray for complete healing in my mother. Thanks for praying -- Shannon

1 comment:

60 toes said...

This is a great way to keep people updated.

We will keep believing in God for a miracle.

You are all in our prayers especially Victoria.

Charlotte