"The sun shines bright on my Old Kentucky Home....." That is the beginning of our state song. I think everyone should know it, it is a great song but ya know I a little partial. Kentucky is great, it is the best place in the country but I guess I am a little partial about that too. I feel home now. So since mom has been home she has been miserable. She has been very nauseated and throwing up. Just so incredibly sick. She hasn't been smiling and her spirit had been at an all time low. I felt like I couldn't get here fast enough. I literally thought I was going to get sick on Saturday because each time I called home everyone was really down. Sarah, too, I think had finally felt all of this too. She is the only one that has really been able to be with mom around the clock. I am so grateful for her and everything she has done. I still look at her as my baby sister but she has really amazed me these past few weeks. I know she is exhausted and she has had to deal with all the phone calls including me calling 5 times a day. I love her, she is wonderful. So yesterday we all finally arrived from CA. I left Gavin Sat. and drove to LA with all the kids and stayed in a hotel and then at 9am caught a flight out here. I had so many people look at me like I was crazy flying with 4 kids across country. Anything for family right??? The kids were great....Gabby and Caroline were superstars helping me carry everything. Oh and if anyone is wondering where Gavin is in all of this, he is in Memphis, TN and that is our official next duty station. Yahoo!!!! only 5 1/2 hours away from mom. God is GOOD. We will be moving sometime in May. Pray that we rent the house ASAP.
Anyhow, from the airport Jenn took us to mom's house. I dont' think we could get there soon enough. I was preparing my heart for the worst. I was thinking she was going to be swollen and looking horrible and sad. I walked in and just hugged her for about 5 minutes. I missed mom so much. She was so happy to see me. I just sat at her feet and she told me how hard it has been and she just didn't think it was going to be this difficult. I told her that it was OK. We would get through all of this but this was just going to be the hardest part. I let the kids come in one at a time to see her. She smiled. Jenn and Christy (my best friend from home) said it was the first time in a while since they saw her smile. Sam came in last and he made her laugh. Sam can always do that. We all (me, Sarah, Jenn, Steph and Julie (my cousins) and Christy) just sat and talked and laughed. It was precious and beautiful. Sarah and I gave her a long needed bath and washed her hair. She felt so much better. We got her into bed and prayed over her. It was a great night. This morning she has to go get some bloodwork done. I think it will be great to get her out of the house and get some fresh air. Don't worry we wont' over do it. Keep up the prayers.
Love to all-- Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shannon,
I am glad you and the kids made it to Kentucky safe I was thinking about you all day. Please give your Mom lots of hugs and kisses from me. Thinking of you all everyday and my thoughts and prays are with your Mom.
Love ya Hugs and Kisses
Nadine
Shannon,
I was thinking about you Sunday flying with all of your kids. Glad all went well. I try to pray every morning before work for healing and strength for your whole family. Will keep folloowing the blog. Best to all of you. Love Tanya
Post a Comment