Mom is feeling the full effects of the chemo. The past two days have been really rough for her. I had read on several different blogs, that the week after the chemo was the worst...and they were right. She is miserable. The "severe flu" has sucked every ounce of energy from her. Her bright, optimistic smile has dimmed, as she tries to get well enough to go home. She was suppose to go home Tuesday. She finished the chemo on Monday night. I think that is what has hurt her once high spirits the most. She just wants out of that hospital. But her kidneys have taken such a beating with the treatment, that they wont let her go until they recover. I hope the cancer cells are taking a similar beating. We are all trying to encourage her, but I'm sure our words sound rather hollow when the reality is she feels like she's been run over by a Mac truck, the thought of food is repulsive, and she's stuck laying in a foreign bed in a nasty hospital. It's hard to "spin" those facts. But there are things to look forward to, and that's what we are trying to help Mom focus on. She is gonna get to go home sometime. Her body will recover from the chemo more and more each day, and Shan and the kiddos are coming in Sunday. Shan will make a big difference. And having all seven of her grandkids around will help. Not to mention we are all going to Cancun April 8. Yesterday she said,"I dont know about Cancun". She was feeling so bad, she couldnt even imagine feeling well enough to go. I reassured her she would feel better and that I would piggy back her all the way there if necessary. If we can just get her well enough to come home.
God Bless,
Boogie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Vicky. We want so badly to help and yet feel so helpless. We're still praying as hard as ever. Hopefully, you'll be out of there soon. Thinking of you SO MUCH, Donna and Berry
I am thinking of you all everyday and thanks for keeping everyone posted on your Moms progress. Much love
Nadine
Post a Comment